Sunday, May 25, 2008

Home again

I've been home for four days, crazy with kids and parents and mom-in-law and sister-in-law. Finally, as of about thirty minutes ago, I'm down to "just" my own brood. (Ya' know... just the six of us). And it's raining, and the kids are getting wild. And I'm ignoring them to write here.

The good news is that the house is a done deal. It's been approved, and it's ours as of July 1. The bad news is that once July 1 rolls around, the company expects Tom to be there full time. I'm not sure we'll be ready to go by then.

This week is all about purging. I have three appointments with organizers to help get rid of stuff I don't want to keep or store.

The next week is all about sorting. What goes on the plane with us. What goes on the container ship. What goes by air shipment. What goes into storage. What goes to other people.

The third week in June will be our pack & move out week.

After that, I'm not sure what. It's going to take 6 to 8 weeks for our stuff to arrive by boat. Our older two boys are going to stay at my parent's house for part of the summer. We don't want to live in a Paris hotel long-term with two little boys. Or in an empty house. (Here or there). Still trying to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment