Saturday, July 26, 2008

Rants and Whining (be forewarned).

It is very frustrating to not be in our home yet. It's not just that I'm tired of living out of a suitcase (I am). It's that there is absolutely no sense of routine. There is nothing routine to do, and being around the kids 24/7 is exhausting. The hotel room is small, and being outside of it is difficult.

I spent two days (one day out, one day back) visiting a friend in northern France. I was very proud to have navigated the ticket machine, until I found out that I overpaid for the train tickets (ridiculously so!)

And I'm frustrated about being able to understand things. Everything is so outrageously expensive already, that I feel like I'm being ripped off on every purchase. I don't have the discernment to know when it really is "normally" expensive, or whether it's exhorbitant (cheat-the-people-who-don't-understand-the-language) expensive.

I'm just having a tough time today. We will be sleeping in our home tonight, even without gas, because of timing issues. I guess we'll come back and sleep here (at the hotel) tomorrow.

They turn on the gas Tuesday, the intenet Thursday, and we've been told the furniture will arrive the following week.

Maybe then I'll be able to settle in to some kind of routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment