Friday, August 01, 2008

Getting there...

Here, for no particular reason, is a picture of a fountain near where T works. (For all the D.F.'s reading).

I haven't been able to post because we've been in the house since Monday, but haven't had internet until last night.

It's nice to be connected. It would be nice to be connected via wireless, and not have to sit here on the floor. But we're not there yet.

One interesting thing it took me awhile to understand... we have an "induction stove," which means it cooks by transferring heat to the (special) pot, and does not get hot itself. Which would be fine, except for the special pot part.

None of our pots/pans will work on the stove. A kind English-speaking mom who I met through this fabulous group has lent me pots until I can get my own.

So as of today, I have a stove I can cook on (along with a microwave & regular oven), a washer & dryer, four working air mattresses, some clothes and an internet connection.

What else can a girl ask for? Other than furniture, I mean... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment