Saturday, October 25, 2008

Question:

What happens when you mix culture shock/homesickness & weather changes hot/cold/hot?

Answer: A chest cold.

Ick. I've been out for a number of days now (though not as many as it's been since my last post). Most of last week I was just feeling really homesick, missing my friends, missing my Jazzercise buddies, missing my regularly-scheduled life.

And then I got sick, and pretty much only got out of bed to get the kids to/from school. One day I seriously considered calling the taxi company to take me home because I wasn't sure I could walk all the way. (I made it, but fell asleep on the downstairs couch the moment I got home).

Now, I'm better (physically), and my attitude is improving (mentally), and I'm reaching out to people (emotionally).

Hopefully I'll manage a decent posting again soon... This is just a short note to let you know that "yes, I'm still out here..." stay tuned. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm just today recovering from a similar situation.

    A terrible chest cold. I finally got smart, curled up in bed for two days, and remembered that hot tea works wonders. Sure enough, this morning, I feel better. Except for the mild fever.

    Take care of you, and be well.

    ReplyDelete