Thursday, November 13, 2008

J'ne parle pas encore la francais...

... mais j'apprende.*

*I don't speak French yet... but I'm learning. (At least, I think that's how it's written).

I went to my first class today. It was supposed to start last week, but we were in the US.

The instructor, knowing that I want to teach Jazzercise, found a dialog of people at the gym. So I got to learn words for stretching & bending & breathing & "doing abdominals" (exactly like it's "done" in the US - faire les abdominals). It was fun.

Speaking of exercising... when I was in Colorado, I went to a few classes. It whupped my behind. Everyone was very kind and said "it's the altitude." (Denver is one mile above sea level).

But I know the truth.

I haven't been working out like I did when I was preparing to pass the Jazzercise audition. In fact, I haven't been working out at all. Which means, at the moment, I am not ready to teach, even if I could find a venue/get the information I need. Which means I need to get back to it.

I have a call scheduled tonight with my Jazzercise manager. I'm going to ask for some accountability support so I can get back to it.

The problem with Jazzercise is that it's most fun to do with others. It's not as much fun in the living room alone.

Tomorrow marks 4 months since expatriation. And I still don't have my sh*t together. Imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment