Monday, December 08, 2008

Tap, Tap, Tap... Is this thing on?

Hi. It's been awhile. Unfortunately, I'm not sure I have anything to say now either. I realized the other day, that living in France is a great dream for a lot of people. I always wanted to live overseas, and experience other cultures, but the idea of living HERE, never really crossed my mind.

So here I am, living in a place where lots of people would LOVE to be, and I'm feeling all whiny and out of place. Which is not what I want.

What I want, is to be in love with France. No. That's not it. What I really want is to be in love with LIFE. To be excited about WHATEVER I am doing. To reclaim my passion about being (anyw)here.

I've spent so much of the last year just coping with stuff... Coping with kids, coping with MIL, coping with moving away from home, coping with moving into a new home, coping with learning how to shop/live... I haven't had a lot of fun.

But... The school year ends in eleven days. 2008 ends in 23 days. I think 2009 is going to be a lot more fun. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:56 PM

    Rachel, Bob Sample here. After three tries, I have finally figured out how to leave a message.

    I hope you are enjoying Paris. I went to school in Aix-en-Provence and Barb and I spend a week there at my alma mater last June. Then we spent three days in a little hotel near the Isle de la Cite and walked to the Louvre and then the Musee d'Orsee, immersing ourselves in Impressionist Art. It was great.

    Barb and I are updating our database in preparation for sending out our first annual letter in five years. I called your Mom and she said to leave a message on your blog. Please send your address, email, and telephone numbers right away to bbsample@ix.netcom.com.

    By the way, we brought Muhammad Yunus here last March for a major national conference on his new book: "Creating a World Without Poverty: Social Business and the Future of Capitalism." It was great and attended by over 500.

    Maybe we can see you in Paris sometime. How long are you going to be there?

    Love,

    Bob (and Barb) Sample
    bbsample@ix.netcom.com

    ReplyDelete