Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home again, Home again, Jiggety Jig

There is something wonderful about coming home after a vacation for the first time (in a new location). Suddenly you remember that HOME is wherever you feel comfortable. Even if it's not where you think it is.

As much as I liked being in Spain, and LOVED being able to talk to people (I speak Spanish), it was not home.

I like coming back here, and knowing where everything is. I like knowing where the kids will be going, and knowing when I'd get a break. (Vacations are wonderful, but I end up being with the kids MORE, and still arranging for everyone to eat).

I like my own stuff. I like my own neighborhood. "My" Femme du Legumes" (the lady who sells vegetables). "My" boulangerie (fresh bread!) "My" other boulangerie (best croissants in town). "My" habits.

Apparently I have some now. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment