Monday, August 10, 2009

Long Enough

I believe I have been gone from France long enough to miss it. Or maybe I'm just ready for school to re-start again. I've been in Houston for a week now. I've enjoyed seeing my old friends, eating at familiar restaurants (when I'm hungry - not when they deign to feed me).

I've tried to see my former health care providers, but all except one are no longer practicing where I thought they were. Fortunately, their replacements have been happy to provide me with the prescriptions I need. (I think that's the main purpose of this trip - to get prescriptions refilled).

My best girlfriend came out for the weekend and we had a wonderful time catching up. And finally, T came out, so I'm no longer a single-mommy.

Nonetheless, I am ready to get back to my regularly-scheduled life - for the kids to have places to go, for the rhythms of life to relax, and to have my own space again.

We leave Houston tomorrow, will spend Wednesday in Colorado Springs with T's sister & brother & families. On Thursday I will fit in packing, last-minute shopping and a visit with both my aunt, and my niece.

Can I pile it on, or what? (Geez!)

1 comment:

  1. Muriel1:10 PM

    Hello Rachel, just read your post from Anchorage, Ak where we just relocated. Nice to see that you like your life in France now. It gives me hope that one day I will miss AK too when visiting Houston. For the moment, it is a hard adjustment, even though the scenery is unbelievable.

    Muriel

    ReplyDelete