Sunday, May 23, 2010

End of School Count Down

The birthday craziness is more or less over with now. All that is left is
1) Crazy Hair Day,
2) Dress in your favorite costume day,
3) Art Show & Performance,
4) Dress up day,
5) Kindergarten Graduation,
6) Third Grade Graduation, and
7) Splash Day.
And that's just for the younger three. (Pajama Day was last week).

Fortunately for the Middle School, J doesn't tell me anything, so I am not required to do anything to help him prepare.

I don't think it's just my imagination to think "this is WAY overdone!" (Mom, comment if I'm wrong). But I don't remember anything other than running out of school with glee on the last day. But not running too fast because we were loaded down with the crap we had to take home.

It's not that I don't want the kids to have fun... It's just that I don't want to be required to procure it.

Also, since when did we celebrate Kindergarten graduation? And Third Grade? (Granted, it is a montessori school, where 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders are in one room, and lots of 3rd graders do leave at the end... but still!)

The real problem is that I will have kids at home for a week or two before summer programs start. Gonna have to find babysitters so I can go to the gym!

(Bah Humbug!)

No comments:

Post a Comment