Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oops. Forgot I had a blog.

It just occured to me, that unless you are on Facebook with me, you have no idea what's going on in my life. I have become a Facebook addict. It's just so much fun to hear little snippets about what people are doing, day to day. I have been posting one or two sentences about my days. (If you are on, and want to connect, click here).

So, if you are only reading my blog, you don't know...

1) I finally had surgery on my foot. It turns out that the pain I was experiencing was due to a calcified growth on on my fascia, rather than just an inflammation. It took a long time to figure it out, but it's done now. I'm using what they call a "walking boot" to protect my foot while the stitches heal. I am looking forward to going back to full activity in a few more weeks.

2) "Looking forward to..." is a HUGE understatement. I CANNOT WAIT to be able to jump and dance and go on long walks again. Yesterday would not be too soon!

3) We are preparing to move to Lake Charles, Louisiana. We lived there from 1998 to 2004. J & R were born there; A was conceived there. Suffice to say we have some history there, and I am really looking forward to being settled again. There are a number of communities I can be a part of, and that makes me happy. Also, some of the schools have French language immersion, and I am exploring whether that is a good option for the kids. I hope so.

4) I am now the mother of a 12 year old. And I haven't seen him since he was still 11. I sent the older boys to Colorado to see their grandparents and go to summer camp. They left June 5, and don't come home for another week. I miss them a lot. (Though the house is quieter & less chaotic).

5) I am working on my book on organizing again, and exploring what it means to be have a professional life again. I have put up a Facebook page just dedicated to bringing my professional self out of hibernation. (Click here, then click the "Like" button at the top of the page).

6) I am also doing my best to explore the world of social media. I learned at my industry conference that email is going the way of the fax machine, as people are connecting directly via text & messaging services (like Facebook). I've got a lot to learn, but it's keeping me busy.

Well, I think that's the general update for now. I'll try to remember to post more often.

Also, today my best friend's father is in the hospital. Even though I hear he is doing okay, adding extra prayer never hurts. If you've got some to spare...

No comments:

Post a Comment