Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Problem with Downtime

I have nothing left to do for moving out. We have a buyer for our house, and everything I own is moved out. I am no longer on any boards or committees for any organization, and I've left my playgroup and bookclub behind.

And I don't have to do anything for our new home at the moment. Everything is already on its way, and I am not yet there to meet new people and figure out new routines.

I am therefore officially on "downtime." Supposedly I can use this time to rest and rejuvenate. Which is all well and good.

Except for the four little people around that tend to want me to feed them and watch them do interesting things (like jump on the beds and/or swing and/or hit a ball and/or etc.)

In addition to my four creations, there are also a few adult people in and around this house that desire my attention too. (In addition to my husband and my parents, my brother is here with his girlfriend (who is also a friend of mine)). Which makes for a pretty busy life.

It's not so easy to find the alone time I'm used to.

The good news is... I've made a spa date for next Wednesday! Yay me!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:34 PM

    We will miss you this week. Thought I'd check in and say hi...How wonderful you have a buyer!!!!Take the quiet moments when they come I suppose and cherish those family times too. Amazing how quickly this has occurred once you got rolling.

    ReplyDelete