Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Spas are GOOOOOOD!

I spent the day here. After having yet another conversation about "isn't it great that I'm going to France...," I decided I was TIRED of talking about it. In fact, I was tired of talking, period.

It's almost as if I've lost mySELF in the activity of what I'm doing. Yes, it's exciting. Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Yes, it will be challenging. Yes to all that.

But it's all about what I'm going to DO, and not about who I AM.

So today at the spa, I decided not to speak at all. I wrote a note that said as much, and handed it to those who spoke to me. Worked out just fine.

It's amazing how much my mind chatters when my mouth is closed. It took over an hour to finally calm down and feel the peace. But I did. And it was GOOD!

After my treatments, I went for a walk and had dinner overlooking Evergreen Lake, and took the scenic route home. Ahhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment