Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In the last two weeks...

Oops. Sorry about the long delay in posting. No particular reason. Just life. Yes, my last post was a downer. But it was just a bad day, not a bad month. And, yes I realize that I don't actually know what was said to me. Anyway, it's in the past.

What have I been doing for the past two weeks? Hmmm. One thing I did was to finally use the anger and frustration I've had to spur me to action... I hired a friend who knows the lay of the land around here to help me get things done! Her first assignment is to find a place to Jazzercise that works long term.

And I guess that's what I've been up to. Trying to make Jazzercise work here for me, and for others. With only four people signed up regularly, if they can't come, it's hard to have class. And the schedule I've made doesn't really work for me either.

But it IS coming together. And it IS fun. I DO love being an instructor.

The other thing I've been doing is taking a cooking class. On one hand, it is WONDERFUL! I am learning so much, and the other women in the class are delightful.

The frustrating part is the choices of recipes... everything we've made so far has been incredibly heavy with either cream/cheese/fat or meat-intensive. Stuff that I try not to eat too much of. I'm following directions exactly the first time, and making notes on how to make something lighter in the future. (But it's NOT FRENCH to use low-fat milk instead of full cream). Oh well, I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment