Sunday, November 29, 2009

Paris through my son's eyes

I've had a visitor all this week. Two actually. My niece (who is my age) and her father - my husband's brother. N had a list of the "Top 10 places to visit in Paris." As I still hadn't seen some of them and/or I wanted to be a good hostess, I went with her.

So, in the past week, I have been to:

1) The Musee d'Orsay
2) The Arche du Triomphe
3) Walking on the Champs Elysee
4) Chateau Versailles
5) Patisserie Laudree (supposedly the best macaroons in the world)

I actually went to the Arch with my oldest son (who had a doctor's appointment that morning just down the street). He has been experimenting with his camera, but left it home that day. I let him use mine. And what a treat it was to see through his eyes.
The walkway under the surrounding roads (where 12 roads come together in a roundabout).
Looking up at the arch from underneath.
Looking down the spiral staircase from inside one of the pillars.

Near the top there was a room that was inaccessible, but we could see. He liked how the window looked.

Looking out from the top. (That is the Sacre Coeur).

No comments:

Post a Comment