Saturday, January 16, 2010

Deja vu all over again

I seem to recall writing a post about how it sucked to live long-term in a hotel. I am feeling that way again. I have been living out of a suitcase since December 27.

We have our house. It is ready to go. We just haven't had any stuff. Our air shipment has arrived in Houston, but apparently didn't make it through customs. Monday is a federal holiday, so there will be no one to process it until Tuesday.

We've decided that we can't stand it any more. We bought air mattresses for boys (and happened to be due for a new mattress set ourselves, so went ahead and bought it). Today I bought sheets & blankets and a set of kitchen utensils. Last week we bought towels & groceries.

The upshot is we are moving into the house tomorrow. Hooray! I'm tired of being a nomad.

*********************

In other news, it's been strange to be back in Sugar Land, Texas again. There are a number of places and people I said goodbye to, never intending to return. It's only been 18 months, so it feels very surreal to be saying hello again.

I am delighted to be able to go to Jazzercise classes again. This is where I made the commitment to become an instructor, and these are the people who had supported me on this journey. Sadly, there has been a tragic loss in this community recently and re-entry has been disjointed.

Hopefully be being in our home, and teaching Jazzercise again, I will be able to feel settled for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment