Thursday, April 22, 2010

Comfort & Belonging

And, while yesterday's news has really shaken me up, I am in a good place for that to happen - a place where uncertainty is just fine.

I am currently in Columbus, Ohio for the annual conference for the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO). I have been a member since 1997, and in the profession since 1994.

Even though I haven't worked as an organizer in more than four(!) years, I have never let go of being an organizer. I may not have clients, or be active in my association, but I still belong here.

And being here has been wonderful so far. I am reconnecting with old friends. I am being recognized and thanked for past participation (I helped build some of the core education curriculum here; and used to teach here). I am getting HUGS. Lots of them!

Still don't know whether/how I will resume working. But I am in the right place, right now.

It makes not knowing where I will be tomorrow a little easier to digest.

No comments:

Post a Comment