Monday, August 09, 2010

Two Steps Forward; One Step Back

As I sit here, there are four people in my house packing everything into boxes. I am feeling rather sad. But it is not about leaving HERE. It feels more like the final "nail in the coffin" of our expat life being over.

We were supposed to be going to Korea. We were supposed to have an exciting adventure. We were supposed to be living my childhood dream of seeing the world.

But what we're actually doing is moving BACKWARDS. To a place we've already lived. To a job T has already done (more or less). To (one) school we're already familiar with.

I am trying to keep a positive attitude. There are many things I like about Lake Charles. I am definitely looking forward to teaching Jazzercise and going to the Yoga studio in town.

I can see this as part of the dance where you take one step back in order to change direction. I am aware of all the possibilities and potential...

But right now, I am mostly just sad.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Rachel. I hate that your sad but I sure understand. Lake Charles looks like it's in the middle of nowhere. Maybe you have to start that afternoon Mom thing again that involved cold beer and snacks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being you, you'll make it new exciting. No worries. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Donna... I am DEFINITELY reintroducing Wednesday Afternoon Club! @Andrea... kind of you to say. Hope it's true.

    ReplyDelete