Thursday, June 18, 2009

School's out

Well, for the big guys, anyway. Today was the last day of school. Lots of people are leaving permanently, or moving on to other assignments.

It's interesting. I have made a home/community within the school and the expat population here. One thing that didn't occur to me as I did this, is... people leave. There's no getting around it. It is a constantly revolving door here.

So, today I had to say goodbye to new friends. I like the idea of keeping in touch. But I'm not sure how well it will work out. Hopefully this blog will be one of the ways in which I do it.

Which is, I guess why I started it in the first place. So, even if I don't post regularly, it's still more than I would be doing if I were trying to keep in touch by emailing or calling my friends.

I may or may not get around to posting last month's pictures. I'm not that great at doing the "backlog" stuff. But, as my writing coach pointed out, I need to remember the purpose of writing. Which, here, is to stay connected.

I'll be visiting the states soon - Colorado from July 25 - Aug 1, and Texas Aug 2 - 11. Let me know if we can get together.

Since the older boys are out of school now, most (but not all) of my school-related activities are done. I am looking forward to exploring a little of Paris with big kids. I'll (try to remember to) keep you posted. :)

2 comments:

  1. Kelley1:36 PM

    Book club should be meeting the monday of th week you're here. No book that month, just an outing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to seeing you in Aug!

    ReplyDelete